Chile Peppers Recipe Page
Recipes from Sancho's Anchos Chiles, Moles, and Salsas
Chipotle Green Salad
-3 medium sized tomatillos
-2 Cloves garlic
-3 canned chipotle chiles (seeded)
-1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the tomatillos and unpealed garlic cloves directly onto the skillet, and allow to cook for ten minutes, while turning, or until they are soft and partially blackened.
- Peel the skin off garlic clove and place in a blender with the tomatillos, chiles, salt and 2 table spoons of water.
- Puree salsa, adding water if necessary. -> serve at room temperature.
-6 pasilla chiles
-1 cup of beer or pulque
-Juice of one orange
-1 clove garlic
-_ medium sized onion (finely chopped)
-10 whole green olives
-1/2 cup crumbled white cheese
- Place skillet over medium flame.
- Toast the pasilla chiles until skin blisters, then open and remove the stems, veins, and seeds.
- Soak the chiles in the beer for 30 minutes.
- Place the beer, chiles, peeled garlic cloves, and orange juice in a blender.
- Puree till smooth and stir in chopped onions and salt.
- Use olives and cheese as a garnish on top before serving.
Shrimp with Ancho Sauce
-2 pounds shrimp (peeled and deveined)
-Juice of three limes
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-5 ancho chiles (seeds, stems, veins removed)
-1 cup vinegar
-6 cloves garlic
-2 large onions
-1/2 teaspoon oregano
-2 bay leaves
-2 cups chicken stock or water
- Marinate the shrimp in lime juice for an hour.
- Place skillet over medium heat and toast chiles till the skin blisters.
- Pour boiling water over chiles and soak until soft.
- Puree chiles along w/ vinegar, garlic, onions, and oregano in blender.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook shrimp until almost completely cooked through then place aside for later.
- Add pureed chile to pan and cook 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves to chile puree and stir to blend.
- Simmer and allow sauce to thicken and add shrimp right before serving.
-20 jalapenos (cut in half w/seeds and membranes removed)
-1 cup cream cheese
-1/4 cup oil
-1 teaspoon salt
- Coat pepper halves in oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Fill each pepper with cream cheese.
- Place on grill over high heat for 3-5 minutes (or until pepper is black and cheese is golden brown).